Canada grants permanent residence status to foreign nationals emigrating to join a spouse, relative or partner through the Family Class visa. The sponsoring permanent resident must be over 18 years old, must be living in Canada and willing to sponsor the family member applying.

After three years on this visa, you may apply for citizenship in your own right.

The Family Class visa is appropriate for:
  • An orphaned niece, nephew, sister, brother or grandchild
  • Dependent children and adopted children
  • Minors whom the sponsor intends to adopt
  • Parents and grandparents
  • Some other relatives in special situations.


If you have a child or grandchild who is a legal resident of Canada, dependant visas may allow you to visit for as much as 24 months at a time. The ‘super visa’ is valid for up to 10 years and can benefit even those visitors who do not need visas to enter Canada. Please contact us to see if you qualify.

You must begin by making an application for a temporary resident visa. We can assist you with the process.

Be sure you apply early, as processing often takes a few weeks. UK Visa Xpats can help you get your visa as quickly as possible.


A Canadian resident’s same or opposite sex common law partner can qualify for a visa. The sponsor must demonstrate that they have lived with their partner continuously for at least one year. However, there are exceptions if the couple have been separated for reasons beyond their control. Contact us today and we can see if you could benefit from a common-law partner visa.

The partner’s children may immigrate as well, so long as they are:
  • Under 22 years old and unmarried, or
  • Financially dependant on a parent and have been in secondary education since before they were 22 years old, or
  • Unable to support themselves because of a medical condition.


A spouse of a Canadian permanent resident who is living and working in Canada may immigrate by way of a spouse visa.

Spouse visa is a means of gaining permanent residency in Canada. The spouse can sponsor them for three to ten years at which time they can seek citizenship on their own.

You must provide proof that the marriage is genuine as well as legal both in Canada and where it was performed. UK Visa Xpats can help you organise your evidence and paperwork to the standards required by the Canadian authorities.

Why Choose UK Visa Xpats For Your Canada Family Visa?

Here is how we help you migrate to Canada:
  • Assessment: UK Visa Xpats provides an in-depth assessment of your eligibility, clearly outlining the most appropriate option for you.
  • Documentation: We will advise you on the documents to be submitted in support of your application.
  • Visa Application: Your visa application will be prepared, extensively reviewed and submitted by one of our registered ICCRC Canadian Immigration Lawyers.

Our staff will help you determine which of the family visa programmes suit your situation and needs. Let us help you with your Canadian Visa application by completing our online enquiry form and one of our immigration specialists will call you or simply call 0203 105 8094 and our assessment team will ask you for some basic details and pass these on to one of our exclusive network of immigration specialists.



We are registered and regulated with Canada’s ICCRC to offer the most up-to-date immigration advice. We are not affiliated with any Government and you are free to make an application directly to the Government who will only charge you their visa fees. The Government will not assist in the preparation or building of your application before its submitted. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to a refusal. UK Visa Xpats has the expertise to ensure that all your options are made clear to you and your application completed to the highest standards. We provide a free assessment and only charge for additional services agreed in advance and in writing with no hidden charges.