Canada offers some world class educational opportunities. Studying in Canada can be one of the quickest routes to immigrating there as well.

Studying in Canada for more than 6 months generally requires a study permit. Once you have one, though, you won’t always need a separate work permit to take a job. During your studies you can work part time but the best part is that after your studies you can stay for the length of the course. For example, if you have a one year study visa you can stay for a further year to live and work in Canada after completion of your studies. During this year if your employer decides to sponsor you and why not if you are a hard worker, you can secure a work permit leading to residency.

Why Choose UK Visa Xpats For Your Canada Visa?

All applicants for a study permit must show that:
  • They have been accepted to a Canadian educational institution
  • They can afford tuition, living expenses and return travel to their country of origin
  • They meet all the health requirements


The Federal Skilled Trades program allows individuals with job offers or appropriate certification to work in certain occupations to obtain Canadian Permanent Residency in any Canadian Province or Territory other than Quebec. Quebec Skilled Worker applicants intending to reside in the province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria than applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.

To qualify for the skills trade programme, you must meet the minimum requirements:
  • Plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers)
  • Meet the required levels in English and/or French
  • Have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply
  • Meet the job requirements for the skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except for needing a certificate of qualification
  • Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority

Why Choose UK Visa Xpats For Your Canada Study Visa?

Here is how we help you migrate to Canada:
  • Assessment: UK Visa Xpats provides an in-depth assessment of your educational qualification.
  • Educational Institution Search: We will undertake a search of educational institutions willing to offer you a place on your chosen programme and liaise on your behalf.
  • Visa Application: Your visa application will be prepared, reviewed and submitted by one of our registered ICCRC Canadian Immigration Lawyers.

Let us help you with your Canadian Visa application by completing our online enquiry form and one of our immigration specialists will call you or simply call 0203 105 8094 and our assessment team will ask you for some basic details and pass these on to one of our exclusive network of immigration specialists.



We are registered and regulated with Canada’s ICCRC to offer the most up-to-date immigration advice. We are not affiliated with any Government and you are free to make an application directly to the Government who will only charge you their visa fees. The Government will not assist in the preparation or building of your application before its submitted. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to a refusal. UK Visa Xpats has the expertise to ensure that all your options are made clear to you and your application completed to the highest standards. We provide a free assessment and only charge for additional services agreed in advance and in writing with no hidden charges.